Wednesday, February 26, 2014

a musing for a busy day


Berceuse Op. 72, Tchaikovsky (Lullaby)


When in the end, the day came on which I was going away, I learned the strange learning that things can happen which we ourselves cannot possibly imagine, either beforehand, or at the time when they are taking place, or afterwards when we look back on them.

Through all the world there goes one long cry from the heart of the artist: Give me a chance to do my best. (Babette's Feast.)

--Isak Dinesen

2 comments:

bluestorm said...

yes! thank you for this, Iulia.

Iulia Flame said...

I was thinking of you..........xx

when trees as gilded as bees

Above the 61st parallel, the colors of Autumn mark our parting with the bees, and the last days of real warmth. I had begun to transl...

popular on this site