Monday, February 24, 2014

Blue - Joni Mitchell





Joni Mitchell's voice, from the record, Miles of Aisles, is one of the first I ever fell in love with. And I was obsessed with her toes. This might be one of my favorite songs of hers. Did I understand the words? No...

The amazing stuff a person can find, nowadays, on YouTube.

Blue here is a shell for you
Inside you'll hear a sigh
A foggy lullaby
There is your song from me

Quoth Joni, "That's one thing that's always like, uh...been a major difference between the performing arts and a painter...Like a painter does a painting and that's it.......nobody ever said to Van Gogh, 'Paint A Starry Night again, man.' You know: he painted it. That was it."

Next thing you know, she's singing "Circle Game."



1 comment:

Harlequin said...

Mitchell certainly is a fine musical mind ... I personally like her song Amelia.

when trees as gilded as bees

Above the 61st parallel, the colors of Autumn mark our parting with the bees, and the last days of real warmth. I had begun to transl...

popular on this site