Monday, February 10, 2014

Rock Dove (for Miss J)

In bereft winter stirs an orchid wind:
Song sifting me, reciting her longings--
Beloved, join me in this madrigal--
Melt away proud logic's dusty glacier,
Shatter the velvet mirror of darkness,
Wonder, erode grief and all masks of mind.

Night listens to me wrestle with music.
A salt wave dashes plates of ice to silt.
A rock dove dives onto a frost-crusted twig,
Tapping on its buds. Rosa rugosa,
Dozing, dares not trust to words or to wine--
Giddy gray dove, your haven is silence,
Mother of veils, teach me this melody.

2 comments:

bluestorm said...

wonderful! line after line
you take me to another realm . . .

Iulia Flame said...

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Благодаря!

when trees as gilded as bees

Above the 61st parallel, the colors of Autumn mark our parting with the bees, and the last days of real warmth. I had begun to transl...

popular on this site