Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lullaby








"Sleep, my joy, fall asleep..."....this was the closing song of the evening program, "Good Night, Children" in Russia for several years. I learned it to sing to my eldest--she might giggle if I reminded her of this.

The animation for this clip is quite unusual. Is that really Mother Night, her eyes hidden under a hat, revealing the sliver-moon and stars, releasing them, and then granting us a tender smile, while she holds a house in her hands, where the sun will sleep until daybreak?


4 comments:

Cheryl and Janet Snell said...

Charming!

raw poetry by donna snyder said...

A delight

Iulia Flame said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Iulia Flame said...

Thank you for enjoying a trip down nostalgia lane.

when trees as gilded as bees

Above the 61st parallel, the colors of Autumn mark our parting with the bees, and the last days of real warmth. I had begun to transl...

popular on this site