Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tic-Tac-Toe

As the days lengthen, winter pales. Sun becomes more assertive. Snow melts. Creeks appear from nowhere and trickle down the roads. Buds slowly swell on the branches of the birches, poplars, alders and willows.


The "growing-est" thing I found during a walk: road-side moss.


I found a note hand-written by my youngest daughter while "spring" cleaning today: 

"Don't cry, mom. Have fun. Come on, take a break, please. Take a nap maybe. Please. Let's play Tic-Tac-Toe."

Yes, let's.


My camera refuses to "zoom"--but these aspens simply can't wait to don their leafy summer dresses.




A neighbor's moose-antler collection.

4 comments:

Cheryl and Janet Snell said...

Your photos here and on FB are wonderful. They transport and evoke, scales fall from the eyes.

Iulia Flame said...

Thank you for coming by. :) We all live in our own little worlds--at times there is the wish to reach out and share. Take care.

bluestorm said...

Your words and photos speak of spring and sunlight,
but most warming is your daughter's lovely note.
I send you hugs across the miles.

Iulia Flame said...

Thank you so much, bluestorm.

I am slipping this note into the files under, "to keep" -- and please, accept my hugs in return.

Благодаря!

En plein air - in memoriam Andrew Bellon

A dreamless sleep falls from the shimmering leaves. --Sappho fragment, tr. Andrew Bellon I changed, thickened, ...

popular on this site