Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Gösta Nystroem - Sinfonia Concertante (1940)




My "discovery" of the day. If the wonder that is YouTube had existed when I was a teen--I would have been quietly addicted.

Music possesses the marvelous potential to translate the mind into an alternate space--at times, it even sends one packing and embarking upon yet another childhood (an unspecified number within the memory palace's catalogue of similar states.)

Another piece posted by this account, which has placed me under the spell of a "new" composer:


Albéric Magnard - Symphony No. 1 Op. 4 (1890)

3 comments:

Cheryl Snell said...

Holst comes to mind when I listen to this. Nice. Thanks.

Iulia Flame said...

:)Greetings to you. I hope you are well.

bluestorm said...

transcending indeed! thank you for sharing . . .

all is translation (and every bit of us is lost in it)

Rilke (Leonid Pasternak, 1900) Image credit to Wikimedia Commons GONG Sound, no longer measurable with the sense of hearing. As ...

popular on this site