Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Michelangeli - musings on a Tuesday

An eclipsed, glowing garnet, a rare blood-moon rose above the mountains last night:

photograph courtesy of Denali Park and Preserve


Holy days are upon us: Pesach, Pascha.

The question:

Why is this night different from all other nights, from all other nights?

A song from Holy Week:

Thy bridal chamber, O my Saviour, do I behold all adorned, and a garment I have not that I may enter therein. Illumine the garment of my soul, O Giver of Light, and save me.

-Exapostelarion of the Bridegroom Service



The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins, 14th century, Serbian Monastery, Kosovo.

A curious quote from Gray's Anatomy I happened to stumble upon, while in a tattoo shop recently:

The heart continues to increase in weight and size up to an advanced period of life; this increase is more marked in men than in women.



Michelangeli will not cancel this perfect musical date with us--gratitude to those who took this film, and to those who posted it for us.

Greetings to all who pass by.

--Iulia



4 comments:

bluestorm said...

Thoughtful, amusingly clever, inspiring words, images, music. Thank you, Iulia.
Greeting back to you.

Cheryl Snell said...

Sonku

his heart, they said, was
three times the regular size.
yes, i said, i know
--Lucille Clifton

But what were you doing in a tattoo parlor?

Iulia Flame said...

*wink*

I stepped in with a friend who had business there, to the tattoo parlor--

Not knowing what to do with myself, I picked up the nearest book, which happened to be Gray's Anatomy. Naturally.

:-)

thank you Cheryl.......

Iulia Flame said...

..and thank you bluestorm.....

much affection!

Emerald

I let you go, but you remain where devotion lingers with leaf-curtains drawn; and dreams gather in pools of verdigris; where c...

popular on this site