Tuesday, April 22, 2014

yarrow

Yarrow stalks in the thaw
seem the ghosts of all flowers;
brittle lace skeletons
a thousand warriors deep.

I'm treading on the toes
of Mount Magnificent.
A rock face glimpses mine
from around a corner.

Here will appear blue poppies
and there is the bend where
a boy once barked at dogs;
my greatest fears passed there.

I will cut off his hands
if he does not start to speak.
Crushed brains smell of walnuts.
I could break your arm now.

The light softens and lingers,
spreading to the ocean.
Are we home? I ask of
yarrow stalks in the thaw.

Cold tears drip from the clouds
onto blackcurrant buds.
This is our home for now,
its heart, broken--like ours.

No comments:

all is translation (and every bit of us is lost in it)

Rilke (Leonid Pasternak, 1900) Image credit to Wikimedia Commons GONG Sound, no longer measurable with the sense of hearing. As ...

popular on this site