Saturday, August 16, 2014


With August comes the gilding of the leaves. Quiet banks of fog gather along the rivers, and then disperse.

Those who watch the distant play of shadows and light on the hills, note first a darkening and deepening of the green, the rain-washed hues of the various mineral-rocks of which they are composed, before the reddening blush of the berry-bushes that will soon herald the frosts.

My poor broken camera could hardly do justice to the beauty and majesty of the mountains. Whenever I am out on an errand, and catch a glimpse of their ever-transforming faces, I feel a part of myself fly upwards, to lean upon the curves of their broad-shouldered slopes.

If only I could fashion a fitting song for them, as Loreena McKennitt has for so many places.








2 comments:

Wrexie said...

All lovely unity, yours with your words and what you see, and Lorena McKennitt...

Iulia Flame said...

Thank you Wrexie. I see the unity of your expressions as a hymn to the places you love. If only we could clone ourselves, several times, no? xx :)

Emerald

I let you go, but you remain where devotion lingers with leaf-curtains drawn; and dreams gather in pools of verdigris; where c...

popular on this site