Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Phoenix-Bird (Marina Tsvetaeva)



What is not needed by others, bring to me:
Everything must be burned in my fire.
I lure life, and I attract death
Into the airy gift of my flame.

My flame loves lightweight materials:
Last year's kindling - wreaths - words.
The flame is radiant from such fuel.
You will rise again - cleaner than ash.

 A Phoenix-bird am I, only I sing in the fire.
You are the basis of my life on high,
I burn, soaring, and burn to the ground
And let your night then be bright.

Bonfire of ice, fiery fountain,
On high I occupy my lofty camp,
On high I carry my great rank,
Of both Companion and Heiress.

--Marina Tsvetaeva, September 2, 1918

Firebird, Janusz Korczak-Ziolkowski

Janusz Korczak-Ziolkowski, a contemporary painter, said he was inspired by the music of Igor Stravinsky.


Что другим не нужно - несите мне:
Всё должно сгореть на моем огне!
Я и жизнь маню, я и смерть маню
В лёгкий дар моему огню.

Пламень любит лёгкие вещества:
Прошлогодний хворост - венки - слова.
Пламень пышет с подобной пищи!
Вы ж восстанете - пепла чище!

Птица-Феникс я, только в огне пою!
Поддержите высокую жизнь мою!
Высоко горю и горю до тла,
И да будет вам ночь светла.

Ледяной костёр, огневой фонтан!
Высоко несу свой высокий стан,
Высоко несу свой высокий сан -
Собеседницы и Наследницы!

2 сентября 1918






2 comments:

Harlequin said...

The vitality of the old year fades, consigned to oral history become the future phoenix of ancestral song

Iulia Flame said...

:-)

#BiteSizeBallet No.5

Kitty Phetla, Joburg Ballet If I were the Indian Ocean or the Atlantic Ocean, I'd sneak bits of myself up onto the back of a cl...

popular on this site