Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Emerald


I let you go,
but you remain



where devotion lingers
with leaf-curtains drawn;
and dreams gather in
pools of verdigris;


where clouds are knit with
crystalline seams
and the sun in the citadel
exhales celadon;



where crowds of dryads
caper on zephyrs,
casting nets in the sky
to capture starlight;





until an earthquake in the night
overturns the shrine.



And then you are every-Where
that I move, or turn my eyes.










Ivan Moravec plays an excerpt from Schubert's Piano Sonata in B-flat Major in 1993.







5 comments:

Wrexie said...

How beautiful. Lean, lush and rich.

Iulia Flame said...

So kind of you to stop for a while with me, Wrexie. xx

Harlequin said...

A difficult,& yet familiar read ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjncyiuwwXQ

One hopes that sometimes genres mix & fine Moravec might in some kind way approve

Harlequin said...

I wished to edit that I placed above .... Not the words, but to amend the youtube link ,,, It seems that I cannot ... This now feels something near embarrassment ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPKFfcomdZA

I'd hoped for this

Iulia Flame said...

I am fond of Agnes Obel; whose clear voice is not out of place here. No worries, dear Harlequin. Much affection in your direction.

when trees as gilded as bees

Above the 61st parallel, the colors of Autumn mark our parting with the bees, and the last days of real warmth. I had begun to transl...

popular on this site